This year, however, I gave in. He did the research, found one on sale, and was SO EXCITED to fry something. And it meant that I didn't have to cook the turkey. I almost wrote, "I didn't have to worry about the turkey." But that is not true. I worried. I worried there would be a fire. I worried that some small child might wander over to see was a huge vat of boiling oil looks like. I worried that the turkey would be burnt or undercooked. Yes, all of this went through my mind, when in the end we had one of the most flavorful, moist, juicy, delicious turkeys that I have tasted. It was a job well done. And a wonderful Thanksgiving meal that was shared with 5 other families of the Navy family. Thanks, Andi and Matt, for hosting!
Matt did a lot of research especially on safety precautions and also on tasty injection marinades. The guys also wanted to experiement with frying other items. So they battered and fried some Twix and Snickers bars too. They turned out well, but they don't float either! Right, Alex?
Don't let its crisp outside fool you. The inside is very moist and juicy.
1 comment:
yummy! i still have never tried a deep fried turkey. sounds so good though!
Post a Comment