Julie: Wal-Mart has a Shop Vac for $20 and a portable DVD player for only $50 on the day after Thanksgiving.
Matt: We should get there at 5 am and get that stuff.
[We have been looking around for those two items specifically]
Matt: (jokingly) Maybe you could go and get them at 5 in the morning.
Julie: And you would watch the baby?
Matt: From my favorite spot in the house--the bed.
Julie: Sure. I'll do it.
Matt: (sursprised) Really?
Julie: Well, you have to make breakfast too.
I mean come on! I am getting the encouragement from my husband to go SHOPPING without the baby. I'll jump on that opportunity no matter how early I have to get up! And I enjoyed it. I didn't make it there until 5:30 but I was still surprised to see the parking lot full and it was a mad house inside. I also headed over to Fred Meyer to check out a few deals. And they served donuts and juice to their customers! I'm sure I made up for it with the items that I bought to cover a small glass of oj and a few donut holes.
John Paul LOVED looking through the ads! This kept him busy for hours. He like the noise the paper made when crinkled, and he did a good job of not putting it in his mouth. I think he might be learning that if he does that, then he can't play with it. At one time, he had two full sheets of paper, swinging in circles around his head. He was a pretty excited little boy!
1 comment:
Reese particularly enjoyed the Fred Meyer jewelry catalog this year!! We went last year...in line at 5am at Best Buy...and did ALL our Christmas shopping that day. Since we are sick we didn't try it this year. :(
Post a Comment