We have been able to witness many joyful occasions, but when we attended the priestly ordination of Father Brian Larkin, it was probably one of the most joy filled events to witness. After making arrangements with Grandma and Grandpa to watch the boys, Naomi, Matt and I headed to Denver, Colorado. Friday, we met up with some great Navy friends, Anna and Phil, who moved to Boulder, CO last summer. I wish I would have take a picture! It was great to catch up with them and see their two girls, Lillian and Sedonia.
Saturday was the ordination at the Cathedral in downtown Denver. Even though we arrived 1.5 HOURS early, we still barely got a seat and it was behind a huge pillar. I stayed there because as bad of a seat that it was, a) it was still a seat. b) no one else wanted to sit there so I had room to nurse and fuss over Naomi. c) I could easily exit. The Ordination Mass was 3 hours long so we ended up being there for 5 hours! It flew by and the baby was great! We were all really hungry afterwards!
On Sunday, we attended Father Larkin's First Mass and it was AWESOME! To hear the voice of such a good friend saying Mass, (sigh) I tell you, it is still very vivid in my memory. (He is the one sitting in the middle, grinning from ear to ear!)
After Mass, Father Larkin was giving first blessings for people and families and he prayed for Matt and myself.
We also ran into Sean, who is a seminarian from North Dakota, and we were so thrilled to spend a little time with him too.
We stayed with our wonderful friends, Wendy and Sean for two nights. They were married in December and still in love!!! ;) It was so fun to spend time with them and we appreciated their hospitality.
So in the picture below, we convinced them (well, I don't think we had to convince Sean, in fact, he was grateful.) to TOSS their WEDDING CAKE topper. Ummm, they were married 6 MONTHS ago and it had only been in the fridge, not the freezer. I mentioned that I wouldn't want them to get sick from it. And Wendy replied, "I guess your right. The cake was white when we were married, not orange." Blehhhh.
We also were able to meet up with some great friends from FOCUS. Pictured are the ones at the reception, Matt and me, Kevin and Laura, and Annie. We also visited Chris and Elizabeth and their three kiddos, but again, I didn't take a picture!
Sunday night, we spent the evening/night with Laura and Kevin in their new house. Naomi was so excited about their dog, Moses. She kept squealing and grunting towards him.
I love this picture because it looks like Matt and Laura are trying to make Naomi more interested when she was the one making all of the ruckus!
And the three of us--Julie, Laura, and Naomi!










No comments:
Post a Comment