Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oh, Ethan!

Can you believe my little EE is already 18 months old! He just adores his older brother, which can get him into a little mischief once in a while. He is shy, but he definitely will tell us what he wants.
Lately he has been wanting to be VERY independent. Try to dress him, and he replies "I do it." Of course he really can't dress himself (although he is getting REALLY close to putting his pants on by himself), but you just let him try and ask him if he needs help a little later. We were heading out the door and he was refusing to put his coat on, so I loaded up JP and started the car and told Ethan good-bye. John Paul was crying in the back seat, yelling "Ethan! Ethan!" and Ethan was just standing in the doorway, waving. We I started to back out, then he cooperated!
He has so many words and phrases I can't even begin to list them. Lately, he has been bringing something to Matt or myself saying "Look, Nommie/Daddy! Look!" And he usually can name what it is. I also heard him counting with John Paul the other day! Took me by surprise.
We went for his 18 month check-up today. He weighed 24 pounds 11 ounces (35th percentile) and his height was 32 inches (35th percentile). But his head size was 19.5 inches (95th percentile!!)

3 comments:

Heather Benza said...

wow his stats are surprising--I think his head looks normal size compared to his body, but the numbers make it seem like he'd have a big old melon head!! He is super cute! He looks so similar to JP. Reese is finally 25 pounds! Ha ha!! Wasn't JP in the 90s percentile?

Lady of the House said...

Your boys are adorable!!! My little guy Connor is the same way with his big brother Liam. He seemed to pick up on all the words and counting much sooner than his bigger brother. I think there might be an advantage to being second. BTW my boys seen the pic of your boys and said "hey, those are my friends can we go play?"

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he is talking a ton! I think it is amazing how much faster kids that are 2nd in line talk. I can't wait to get up there to see you guys. I would love to see the three of them all playing together. Trouble! Hoping to find a few days to get up there sometime soon.