Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Coupon Treasures

I just woke up on Monday morning and I decided that I am going to clip coupons. I have never liked clipping, because I thought it took too much to save so little. And that would be true if I only stuck to Sunday newspaper coupons. We don't even get the paper, so that was always an added expense.

This time around, I am doing coupons online. The main websites I used were CouponMom, CouponBug, and Target.com.

Here's a few of the deals that I found:
Hand Soap: $.90 Clipped coupon: $.25 Store coupon: $.50
Final price: $.15

I bought diapers at Target. On sale for $8.99. Had three coupons and if you buy three, you get a $5 Target gift card.
Price per diaper (size 5): $.22
(Better than what I was getting at Sam's Club or Costco.) I could have done a little better at this but I wasn't sure of which coupon combination they would take. Had I know, I would have selected which ones I wanted to use a little better.
Now here is the thing. I tried to stick to things that we normally buy, but this coupon deal for Nutri-Grain bars was hard to pass on. Bar price: 2/$4 Clipped coupon: $1 off 2 Store coupon: $2 off 2
Final price: $.50 a box!

This was probably my best find yet.
Store sale price: $.99 Clipped Coupon: $1
That's right! I made a penny!

5 comments:

Andi said...

Very Impressive!

Carly Hale said...

Careful Julie....it can turn into a sickness! No really though, I have really started getting into coupons online and have my waves of really getting into it and score some great deals! Good luck and keep it up!

Heather Benza said...

good job!! I just bought $dinner mom cookbook---i think she'd be proud of you!

Elizabeth K said...

Nice work, Julie! I whole heartedly agree with Carly... it has become a sickness with me as well. he he But, did you know that Target will take both a manufactuer's coupon and their own coupon for one item?? It is GREAT! I am going to get some steals today too from my grocery store.

Julie said...

I read that about Target, however, you have to look at the coupon and see if it is a Target coupon or a Manufacturer coupon. I printed some manufacturer's coupons from the Target website, but they weren't considered "Target coupons", I guess. Still a good deal.