Friday, January 22, 2010

Ethan's Big Boy Bed

After Christmas, we decided that it was time to get another twin bed for Ethan. Especially since he wasn't sleeping very well in his crib and was in our bed most of the time, so why wait? Actually we had moved JP to a bed when he was 15 months old because we were expecting Ethan to arrive in a couple months and it was a way for Matt to lay down with him too.
The first morning after we tried it (even though I went in there 3 times and Matt once), the boys both woke up in their own beds and I could overhear them talking and playing with each other. It really made me feel great and that we had made the right move.
Two nights ago, Ethan woke up crying and just didn't want to get out of bed. So I hesitated instead of jumping right up. Much to my surprise, I hear "Ethan, twop crying!." Yes that would be the advice from his big brother. The conversation continued. "Mommy will be right back. Ethan twop crying!" Ethan did stop crying. John Paul then said, "There. I turned on the light. I'm tired. Ethan, you want to play with me?" Then I am thinking what did I get myself into, but I'll just wait until they come to our room. I mean, Ethan did stop crying, right? Well, a few minutes later, I hear John Paul say, "Ethan? Ethan?" Ethan had fallen back asleep! A few minutes after that, I hear John Paul say very loudly, "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy." I went into their room and he said, "you want to lay with me?"

How could I turn down that request? I am the Mommy.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

So cute!

I bet it's such a wonderful feeling to have two little brothers that love each other so much. How fun!

The White House said...

These pics are precious curlyjulie! oh i just love them! we're pondering converting the crib into toddler-dom this weekend. i don't know though!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this! They are too much!

Jmaddox said...

Love it! :)

Andi said...

Awww my buddies! They NEED a trip to NY!