Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"I don't wanna poop!"

said John Paul after we were trying to coax him to just TRY since he hadn't gone in 2 days.

We just had to capture the pouty moment. I'm sure he'll love this one later on!!
As to potty training, it can be so frustrating at times! He has had the potty thing down since July, but the poop just wasn't coming. We now have him on Miralax which has made a lot of things smoother, but he still just holds it in. We used to reward him (with a sucker) any time he pooped in the toilet, even if he had an accident in his underwear first. Now we have upped the stakes a bit.

First, underwear have to be clean! You will hear this said by Mom, Dad, and JP. Next, if the underwear is not clean, he loses ALL cartoon privileges. I think this is really starting to take an affect on him. He even asked Matt last night, "How 'bout pee and a show?" This morning, he came to me and asked, "How 'bout poop and a show and a sucker?" I went for it and we all exclaimed: UNDERWEAR CLEAN!!!

He just may be completely potty trained before he is 12. I was beginning to wonder.

3 comments:

Kati said...

Oh, Potty training...NOT FUN! :) Bernadette has been day time trained for awhile, but it took forever! The only problem is, I'm still helping her on and off the potty and helping her pull up her undies. She just doesn't want to and I don't have the discipline right now to force her to.

12 years old, huh? You planning on homeschooling? If you are, you could probably get away with it! :) We are planning on homeschooling, but I'm hoping for 10. :)

Heather Benza said...

This photo should definitely be included in the wedding reception montage!!

Rosemary said...

How cruel!! No cartoons??