Monday, August 31, 2009

Defenders of Freedom Air Show

Such an exciting weekend! Grandma and Grandpa came to visit and we enjoyed Offutt AFB's annual Defenders of Freedom Air Show. It was my first time to an air show and I think we all had a lot of fun. It was also PERFECT weather for being outside for several hours.

Matt and JP posed in front of an F-16.
They needed help changing a flat on this one so this girl in front of me and I helped out. I told them they really should invest in AAA.
Grandpa and Grandma enjoyed the sights too!
John Paul got to sit in an helicopter. He really was more excited than the picture shows!
We even saw parachute jumpers. Pretty neat!
Ethan cheering on the airplanes!
Matt enjoyed a very blue sno cone.
Here's my helicopter!
A highlight was the performance of the Blue Angels. So Awesome!
We actually got a preview of the Blue Angels performance. They practiced over our house on Thursday and Friday. It was so fun to be outside and have these four fighter jets flying in formation over our house.

2 comments:

anya* said...

Oh my boys would have thought this was SO cool!

The White House said...

Raise the wing Julie! Raise it up! WOOP WOOP!!!! Matt looks like he's having the funnest here!!! JP looks scared out of his mind in the seat! LOL! OK I am ready for a house tour via video or pics!! Get with it!