Last night I received one of the best gifts that I have ever received. My husband came home, pretty late (and mind you I had not seen him since Thursday night) and informed me that he didn't have to stand duty today, on Christmas Eve. It was the best news that I had heard in a long time. Of course he still has to go to work today, but he doesn't have to be there over the 24 hour shift which would have meant he would be working Christmas Eve night and most of Christmas morning. And Going to Mass with my husband/family on Christmas Eve is one of my dearest, most treasured Christmas celebrations. Hearing this news totally lifted my spirits as I thought I literally was going to spend Christmas Eve night by myself. Ok, with a 10 month old. He's great for entertainment, but not really much for conversation.
And get this, it really was done in the true sense of Christmas. The Weapons Officer (THANK YOU, ED, EVEN THOUGH I KNOW YOU DON'T READ THIS!) just told Matt that he was taking his duty day because his wife has already left for the holidays. Maybe in a way, he didn't want to spend it alone either.
You are all in my prayers this eve of Christmas.
1 comment:
oh excellent! I'm so glad Matt will be able to spend John Paul's first Christmas at home!
Post a Comment