Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"Pooping should be fun."

So that was what the doctor said when I mentioned that John Paul is not very regular. She suggested some baby prune or pear juice--for medicial reasons. She had to clarify that because I said I really didn't want to be giving juice to a baby. But she said it should do the trick. We'll see if John Paul's fun factor increases when pooping. (As a side note, poop is just a funny word!)

We actually went to the doc's because John Paul is still under the weather, running a fever and raspy breathing. She confirmed when I thought. He has a cold and it just has to run it's course. However, she did mention NOT TO USE DECONGESTANTS for infants under 2. I guess they are coming out with they can be harmful and not really very useful in fighting a cold. But I knew that because Heather had COMMENTED on my BLOG the very same thing. Thanks, Heather!

3 comments:

kyliejillymom2 said...

Hi Julie! I love your blog and the pictures are adorable! I heard the same thing about the FDA and using decongestants in children under 2. I know it's hard to see your little guy to go through something like this and not being able to really do anything to help him - I feel it with both the girls when they are sick and I can't do anything, but wait it out. But, he'll get better soon and be singing in church in no time! And instead of prune juice, can you just feed him prunes? Jillian LOVES prunes! Although...she loves all food so I guess that's not saying very much :) Hang in there and keep up the blog!! Love it!

Love ya, Kim :)

Scott and Suzanne said...

Oops! Last winter my kids chugged gallons of the orange Triaminic. I hope it doesn't cause brain damage or anything like that!

Paula said...

Interesting about the medicine thing. My kids take all kinds of medications, and they turned out just fine, I think......?