Our visit to Pike Place Market proved to be colorful. And Tabitha broke the rule and talked with a stranger! :)Saturday afternoon was spent in Poulsbo, WA. It is a small, cute Scandinavian town. We heard that the First Lutheran Church was having their annual Lutefisk Festival and we thought we would give it a try. 
We all tried the lutefisk, but enjoyed the Swedish meatballs, potatoes, and lefse better. For those who don't know what lutefisk is (because I didn't before this day), it is fish that has been soaked in lye! It has sort of a jelly type consistency. As Matt stated, "the first bite tastes good, sort of like a potato dumpling, but then it makes you want to throw-up." The people we were sitting with said it is definitely an acquired taste--and that taste may take years!
I am so proud of Tabitha for taking this picture with the lutefisk! It took a lot of will power to even pose with it! Even John Paul liked it!

Just kidding! He had squash.
That evening, Matt, Teresa, and Tabitha went back to Seattle to experience the nightlife. They found a Dueling Piano bar and said it was a lot of fun. I can't post those pictures. This is a family site. (HA!!!)




2 comments:
You have such a cute family! I have your blog linked and will check it out from time to time :o)
Love the baby pics!
Kelly
I'm so glad that you took your visitors to Poulsbo. I'm a big fan of my little town, but haven't had the lutefisk yet, so you're more of a native than we are now.
John Paul is getting so big and as adorable as ever.
Brooke
Post a Comment