First, I had the terrible cold with the aching, itching sore throat. And now it has hit John Paul. Friday was my worst day. Fortunately, Matt was home and took over the parenting--minus the obvious feedings throughout the day. And last night it struck our little son. As a parent, it is just awful to see your child sick. He woke in the night and coughed, but then cried because it hurt, and because he was crying, he coughed even harder...and so on. About 6:30 am, I thought he had a fever, and sure enough it was at 100.9 degrees. After another round of Tylenol, he slept (and so did mom and dad) until 9 am.
His sore throat has continued today and has given him such a raspy sound. And for anyone who has ever heard our little tenor (or should I say sorprano) "sing", this is quite a difference. Poor thing. Hopefully with a little Pediacare decongestant and another restful night, he will be back to his chipper, chirpy self soon.
This picture was taken while we were on vacation. He's not quite as smiley today.
3 comments:
Julie,
FYI - I just heard that the FDA is going to put a warning on decongestants that they shouldn't be used under age 2 and antihistamines shouldn't be used under age 6. Having said that, your little (big)niece & nephews took pediacare all the time at that age - but thought you should know.
Heather PS- Love the blog!
Hello Julie! What a great idea to start a blog! I love all the pictures. The one with John Paul with his tongue sticking out looks like it should be an ad for Gerber, or some cute baby company. By the way, where did you get that awesome backpack? I could use one to haul around my little (big) chunk. Can't wait for more updates! Paula
Love the blog. John Paul keeps getting cuter every time I see a picture of him. I don't know how that is possible since he was so darn cute to begin with! Girls watch out! It is nice that your husband lets you take pictures of him on your vacations. Apparently Paul hasn't been on any of our vacations! (ha ha). Hope John Paul is feeling better and you are too.
love ya
Amy
Post a Comment