Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Be patient."

 So right after John Paul told me to be careful with his sister (see previous post), Ethan looks at me and says, "Be patient."  It was so cute!  I think this little guy is my ticket to heaven, and yet, my guardian angel in disguise.  I have had to tell Ethan to be patient so many times these last few days, because if his older brother is holding Naomi, then he just throws a fit because he wants to hold the baby too! 

Here is Ethan holding his sister for the first time.  Poor guy had fallen asleep on the way to the hospital, slept for about 20 minutes in the hospital bed next to me, and then awoke to his baby sister all bundled up.  Just before the boys were leaving the hospital, I asked Ethan what his sister's name is, and he paused, looked at me, and said "Macaroni?"
 Now talk about someone who loves on a baby!!  Ethan is constantly wanting to hug, kiss, touch Naomi all of the time!  Whether she is awake, or sleeping, or eating, Ethan is right there.  In fact, I have to say, stop touching the baby or just touch her hands not her nose/eyes/mouth.  But there is some obvious 2 year old love here and he is going to be a great big brother too.

1 comment:

Heather Benza said...

I love that! So do you think "Macaroni" will stick for a nickname?