Monday, August 9, 2010

When Visiting Northern Wisconsin...

You must go swimming in Lake Superior. Although it will probably be freezing when you try this, since it was absolutely perfect when we went. The water was refreshing and not freezing!! Andi and I didn't even wear our swimming suits because we really didn't think the kids would actually swim. But we were proven wrong!!
You must chase the seagulls! But try hard to avoid being pooped on!
You must build your own "tree house." This works best if you are under the age of 6 and you have a very compliant Grandpa to provide the saw horses (and a few tools.)
You must wear a pig nose. I know!! Me too!! I would have thought it was wear a cheese head!
You must drive a John Deere lawn mower. This can be done in any of the other 47 continental states too.
You must ride a battery powered 4-wheeler.
Especially if you are two, your parents are crazy, and you won't let anyone help you steer. Just make sure it is in low--and yes, he really did ride this. By himself.
Other MUSTS that I didn't get pictures of:
--See a bear cross the road only a half a mile from where we were staying.
--Get an inflatable bouncy house for the backyard.
This was a Friday morning thing and then it started to rain, but still loads of fun!!
--Eat Top the Tater!!! I really could have done this a few more nights than what we did.
--Eat at Shamrock Pizza. I didn't believe Andi the first time that she said she could out eat anyone at this restaurant, but she can!! We devoured the pizza and I thought we would have tons of leftovers. Of course, it was enough sodium intake for the next week, but, hey, we're on vacation!

Here is a picture of the whole group reunited after the camping trip. We had such a wonderful time with our wonderful friends. And in the words of John Paul, "Maybe do it again." Of course we will!

No comments: