Wednesday, August 25, 2010

E is for Ethan

I know!  Isn't he adorable?  This is a birthday outfit from Grandma and Grandpa A and I just think he looks so darling sporting his curly hair and all!

Ethan is growing up so very quickly!  His vocabulary is just amazing for a 2-year-old.  At his check-up, the doctor asked about his speech, and I said he speaks in sentences, has an amazing memory, and most of his words are understandable by even strangers.  However, he is shy, so not many people see this verbal side of him.  Well, later in the appointment, the doctor asked JP what was on his shirt, and Ethan answers, "It's a T-Rex!"  Totally caught the doctor off-guard!

The other day, the boys were racing to see who could get dressed first (whatever it takes to just get them dressed!!)  Ethan was first, so he said, "I won! I won!" paused and then said "I two!"  Took me a bit to figure it out, then I couldn't stop laughing!

Mr. Independent for sure!  He wants to do everything himself--brush his teeth, put on his clothes, is pretty interested in using the toilet, but we are still not across the finish line with potty training.  He has a good sense of humor too.  However, if you laugh and he is not trying to be silly, he'll answer, "Not funny!"  Or if you say, you'll be ok, his response is "I NOT ok!"

But I know he is going to be an awesome big brother!!  Right now, he is gathering various stuffed animals or dolls, making sure they have a blanket, and snuggling with them.  He'll walk up and say, "Like my baby? Want to give him a hug?"  We're all pretty excited to have another little one around!

1 comment:

Heather Benza said...

What a cutie!!!I'm totally impressed with his speech!!