Sunday, August 8, 2010

Camping in the Boundary Waters

After visiting North Dakota, we trekked over to Superior, Wisconsin. We were able to meet up with some of our wonderful friends, Matt and Andi, of whom probably sound familiar because I blogged about them a lot when we lived in Washington. They now live in New York, and us in Nebraska, so we met in Wisconsin!! Actually, Matt and Andi are both from this area of northern Wisconsin and we have been wanting to visit.

Well, while the kids and I played hard with Andi, Sydney and Saul, our husbands ventured on up to Ely, Minnesota for a camping trip in the Boundary Waters.

6 guys, 3 canoes, tents and some granola bars. (Matt is on the far right.)
This is over looking Pipe Stone Lake from their island campsite. Claimed to grill delicious fish, although I didn't taste any!!
A small rapids that they had to portage (or carry their canoes and gear) around.
And an after camping but before showers shot. I asked Matt if he had just crossed something off his Bucket List, he replied, "I think I just added it as a yearly event!!!"

1 comment:

Andi said...

Look at those handsome fearless fishermen! Next time we'll have to conquer Duluth and the north shore!