Saturday, May 8, 2010

These boys gotta dig!

It took a little convincing of Matt that the boys could use a sandbox in the back yard. And after they dug up the seeds that they planted in their individual pots AND my carrots, I became insistent!

Guess what? They love it!! The first night after putting the sand in, they spent over an hour just playing and digging and whatever else they wanted to do. In fact, I had to make them come in for a bath and to go to bed. The second day was a bit chilly, but they still wanted quality sandbox time. And I said, "Go for it!"
We placed right beneath our big windows in our dining room/kitchen area so I am envisioning this will be a post nap/pre-dinner ritual to play in the sandbox, while I complete (or start!) supper. Perfect, I tell you. Perfect.

Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa!! The boys love it!

2 comments:

Andi said...

I'm glad the boys finally got someplace to dig! I love your new blog background too!

Heather Benza said...

Very cool!