Trash day is an event in our household. The boys come running when they hear the truck a-comin'. And in this neighborhood it makes three rounds in the same day. One for trash; one for yard waste; one for recycling. Seriously, Nebraska is the good life. ;)

Do you see it?

And my sweet Ethan!! He has made a turn in the last few weeks of being a toddler and not so much of an infant. He definitely knows what he wants and usually demands that he get it. But his language skills are what AMAZE me!! Everyday, he has a new word. Today, I sang a song and he said, "Do again." I asked him if he wanted me to sing it again, and he nodded yes. Also we called Grandma and while the phone was ringing, he said "Hi Mammaw." Of course, he wouldn't say it while Grandma was on the phone! Some of his other words are Hon Paul (this reminds me of Matthew W.!), dinosaur, many different body parts, ouchie and sorry, truck, tractor, milk, water, and of course, Daddy and Nommy.

And my cute John Paul is three in a few months! He is a different kid too. Much more social than Ethan, and really likes to play with friends (and watch TB--you know it as TV.) He begins many questions with "How 'bout....." and "I got an idea." He is really helpful too. Oh, and if he asks to "watch a boobie" he really means "watch a movie."
2 comments:
Aww I miss you guys! They are so big I just want to give them a big squeeze...you'll have to give them one for me.
Wow Ethan says a lot!!! I'm excited to see how differently Angus progresses than Reese (who practically has less words than Ethan at this point!). I'm wondering if being kid #2 really boosts their language. Kid #1 was born into an quiet adult home, but kid #2 was born into a loud, active family home.
Post a Comment