Mr. E-ten fell asleep at supper last night. He was just that exhausted I guess. He is still at the point where he needs a morning nap and an afternoon nap, but he is old enough that he gets VERY distracted when someone (namely JP) is playing and he doesn't want to miss out. So, we have evenings where he is just that tired and falls asleep at supper. What's a mom to do? Well, just let him sleep there for about 15-20 minutes. Then let him play until nighttime. He usually will still go to sleep even with this power nap.

Part II--Growing Pains
I think John Paul is having some serious growing pains. Two nights in a row he has woken up just screaming and writhing in his bed. All he really says is "hurt, hurt". Sometimes I can get him to be more specific like "knee or feet." And then there is the challenge of getting him calmed down and with it enough to even give him some Tylenol or Ibuprofen. So has anyone else had to deal with this? Do you think it is growing pains and any remedies to try?
1 comment:
wow poor JP that's horrid! I remember my brothers growing pains (we used ace bandages to make it feel better, wink wink) but they were way older than 2. I hope the poor little guy stops that soon. measure him quick so you can tell if there's a difference.
Post a Comment