Well, Matt left this morning for his last patrol. I don't think that the realization of the fact that he has left for 3 months has really hit me. Today seemed like a normal day. We went to Salsbury Park and watched the sub sail by--ok, that's not normal. I know that it will hit me this evening when Matt should be home or tomorrow, Saturday, when we are looking for things to do, or Sunday, when I have to brave Mass by myself with the two boys (and our church is being remodeled so Mass is in the gym with no cry room!)
But what keeps me going, is this is his last patrol. We can make it though this one especially knowing that we don't have to go through it again! And he had to leave in order to come home again. So let the count down begin!!

Here is the USS Nebraska moving through the Hood Canal Bridge.
John Paul was pretty oblivious to the submarine. He really was more interested in his Cinnamon Teddy Grahams.
2 comments:
With a newborn i bet 3 months goes by in a flash! CAn't wait to see you and do some girl stuff while our hubbies are away!!!
Keeping you both in our prayers. Please call me if you need some adult conversation! Paul, I and Baby Brune can't wait to see the whole gang when you come to Kansas!! Love ya-Amy
Post a Comment