Friday, September 12, 2008

Canning Season!

'Tis the Season...for canning that is!

On Wednesday, Andi, her dad, and I canned quarts of peaches and two batches of plum jelly.

These are such a tasty treat!!

Then on Thursday, my Mom's Group met and canned applesauce, blackberry jam, and more plum jelly! John Paul was kind of clingy so I canned using my backpack part of the time. It was a little nuts as there were 7 moms, 4 infants, and 7 toddlers. Ethan did great and took a 2 hour nap!

4 comments:

Scott and Suzanne said...

You can take the girl out of the country... :)

Don't know how you do it sans husband. You look beautiful!

Craig, Kim, Kylie, & Jillian said...

Mmmm....makes my mouth water just looking at all the yummy canned goodies! I'm going to have to learn how to do that!

Anonymous said...

Julie! All I've wanted to do this summer was can! I've never done it before, and wasn't brave enough to try it on my own. You're so talented! (And your kids are adorable!)

Anonymous said...

What artistic photography!