Friday, June 6, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away.

Rain is a hard concept for a 16 month old to grasp. The last four days have been so rainy and cold here and John Paul has wanted to go outside--meaning he goes over to the sliding door and tries to open it or pounds on it. He even takes me by the hand and leads me to the front door and with pleading eyes, begs to go outside. I tell him it is raining and he only gets upsets and throws himself on the floor. What's a mom to do?

Today, between showers, I let him roam on the deck only to have another storm develop. He was standing mostly under the roof while it was raining, but then he discovered that he doesn't mind the rain coming down. However, when it started to hail, I knew he needed to NOT BE IN THE RAIN. Kicking and screaming, we went back inside to wait it out again.


Any ideas for a rainy day inside with a 16 month old???

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

How 'bout "Heads up 7-up", Teach! Only scale it down to fit a
16-month old. MOM