Saturday night, Matt and I attended the Submarine Officers Birthday Ball. It was a lot of fun, and just a great chance for us to get away for the evening. Carly came and babysat John Paul, and he was asleep in his crib when we returned home at 11:30. We are going to have to take advantage of this baby sitter thing at least once a month until Babe #2 arrives.Back to the ball....They served a 5 course meal, which was very delicious. We didn't know it was a 5 course meal, so by the time the salmon came (which was the third course), I was thinking this was the main meal and we were going to the Pancake House later! But then they brought the main course and chocolate mousse for dessert. I was plenty full!
The above picture are all of the officers from the USS Nebraska Blue that attended, and their wives.
This next picture is the ONLY one of just Matt and myself. Matt didn't like the picture and begged that I didn't post it. Well, this is my compromise.
Each group is supposed to have a "centerpiece" and there is also a contest for the best one. Here is the Red Rocket for the Nebraska. Notice the corn cob torpedoes.
Later in the evening there was a band, and Matt and I finally had the chance to go dancing, which we hadn't done since Kitty and Blaise's wedding in May '06. We were moving so fast, it was just a blurrrrrrrr......... We weren't the only ones on the dance floor, but I was the only 7 month prego woman being twirled around.
2 comments:
I'm glad you posted your "compromise" because you're a hottie in it! Woo woo! Pregnancy becomes you.
Julie you look FANTASTIC!! Where did you get that BEAUTFUL prego dress??
Post a Comment