I have been wanting to make a Pillowcase dress especially after my mother-in-law showed me some that her church ladies made for a Peruvian mission trip. THEN, my neighbor showed me one that she bought at a craft show for $10 but most of the dresses were selling for $20! I was up for the challenge now!! I convinced her that we should make one for our daughters. Total cost: $5! And that was with embellishments too. It went together VERY easily and I added a few extra steps to make it lay nicely--like french seams (which aren't difficult just an extra step) and a decorative stitch along the bottom contrast material. And the cute little Owl which was labels "felt craft" in the dollar bin at Jo-Anns. I stitched it on instead of gluing.
Mat''s comment"She'll be able to wear that until she is in Kindergarten!" And she will be able to wear it for a while! But it's pretty cute on her.
I think she likes it!



3 comments:
Julie, Naomi looks darling---her dress is too!!
very cute!
Julie you're so creative,love it!
Post a Comment