Monday, September 12, 2011

Last Summer Shindig

Summer is definitely not over.  I know, because my birthday is actually the last official day of summer.  But with school starting, it sort of feels like the summer if winding down.

Erica and I took our kiddos out to Mahoney State Park on a gorgeous summer day.  Neither of us had been there and it was a lot of fun.  We even picked them up in our van and drove together.  All of the kids thought that was fun to everyone in the van together.
 We played hard on a great playground.
 And rented a paddle boat!  They thought it was great.  What was even better was that we split the half an hour rental between us.
 Believe me--10-15 minutes of pedal paddling by yourself while making sure the little ones don't abandon ship because they want to catch a turtle was PLENTY of time!

And a great way to end the summer!

2 comments:

Matt said...

That was great! I can't wait to hear about yet another trip to the zoo!

Heather Benza said...

Sorry I missed your birthday!! I hope it was a good one!