Monday, August 29, 2011

Mama's Girl

Naomi is quite the mama's girl.  She loves her dad and she loves her brothers, and she is getting a whole lot better about strangers.  But she still usually prefers her mom.
And what am I to do?  Just love her.  And hold her.  And nurse her. And occasionally complain about it.
But really it is all a part of the calling--motherhood.  Someday, she won't need to hold on to my leg to stand.
Or whine.  And someday, she will sleep through the night and eventually put herself to bed.  And make cookies. And read.  And drive a car. And really not need her mama.
But until those some days come, I'm just going to enjoy my little girl.

3 comments:

Andi said...

Hopefully she warms up to me quickly when we are neighbors. I can't wait to hang out with her and her brothers!

Rosemary said...

She may move around the country---oh the places you'll see!! But you'll miss her lots!

Andi said...

I know you will miss her, Mrs. Martin, but I'm so thankful you will be sharing her with me for another couple of years :)