After mentioning this to a neighbor, she invited us to the Children's Museum, at which she has a family pass, and we could get in for free. Perfect.
The boys went directly to the water table. JP is wearing the orange shirt in the background, trying to connect a couple of tubes. SIDE NOTE: I purposely chose an orange shirt, and wouldn't you know, when I was looking for his orange on a play/climb apparatus, there were two other boys with orange shirts and a little guy with orange shorts! I didn't realize it was Wear Orange day.
Then off to drive the fire engine.
They have this cute little grocery store for the kids to play in. I guess I did get a picture with Ethan choosing an orange because before he left this part, he had 7 apples and no oranges! John Paul got a kick out of the check out center. This is his favorite at real grocery stores too.
The reason it was referred to as the "Clifford Museum," was that they have a special Clifford exhibit going on right now. The boys found it really special to take their picture with Clifford!
They could feed Clifford his bones. This little conveyor belt kept John Paul busy for at least 20 minutes!
A sweet employee came to play with the boys--probably after they noticed the pregnant mom sitting off to the side!
Ethan got in on the fun for a little bit.
But he was quickly bored by it and moved on to see T-Bone with Kaila (our neighbor's daughter.)
And checked T-Bone's mail.
After a picnic lunch, we headed back inside for the balls/engineering/technology room. The boys enjoyed placing the balls in the various bins that sucked them up through these clear tubes.
Then they could move the balls around with different levels and wheels.
We hit the craft room last. I didn't have the energy left for fingerpainting so I just let them glue and cut. They were still really happy to do this!
It was a really fun 3.5 hours and good naps for all of us followed!!
3 comments:
Fun!! I just bought tickets on groupon for the children's museum at the science center--can't wait to go. That cracks me up that he asked to go based on the commercial. We are not to that point yet.
There sure are a lot of fun things in Omaha. Maybe we should go for a visit!
nice shirt ethan!
Post a Comment