Sunday, July 5, 2009

Only one year old, and in trouble with the law!

That's right, I am talking about Ethan, our cute little EE. This morning he got a hold of our home phone and was punching a few buttons. Normally, he doesn't actually hit talk, but this morning--he did. And he dialed 911.

To his credit, he actually dialed 9111111188999456111.

I didn't even know that he did it, but our phone rang. I answered it and the voice on the other end said, "911 dispatcher. What is your emergency?" I explained it was just our baby and apologized over and over.

About 45 minutes later, two sheriff deputies arrived at our front door. They said they received a 911 call from our residence. I said it was our baby that dialed that number and I had to show them on our redial on our phone the numbers that he punched in!

Whew. right? Then they wanted to finger print him and book him for a night, but since he is still breastfeeding and has no previous record, they just gave him a warning.

3 comments:

Andi said...

Oh my goodness, Julie! You are going to have your hands full when he's off and running!

Rosemary said...

Cute, Julie!! You saved the day with the ol' breastfeeding baby story!! It won't work next time.
MOM

The White House said...

wow. EE you've got talent. Tell your parents to switch to going wireless. It's harder to dial 911 because you actually have to hit send. Oh you're poor mama! Glad you're okay!