Friday, July 17, 2009

Good-bye Washington. Hello Nebraska.

Well, we have moved. On Wednesday, the packers came and packed all of our household goods into boxes and then on Thursday, the movers placed all of our stuff on the moving truck. Today, I am sad, yet filled with excitement. I cried as we drove away, just knowing that we were leaving our home. We have made so many wonderful friends and it was our HOME. All of them will be missed tremendously.

But yet, excited as we are embarking on a new chapter in life. What will Nebraska bring? (And all of you smart ass readers better not be commenting that it will bring lots of snow, HOT HOT summers, and flat plains. I already know that!!) but where is God leading us? I am excited to see.

We'll keep you updated as we make our way to our new home. Right now, we are in Lacey, WA, staying with some wonderful friends--Matt's college roommate to be exact. And we will head out tomorrow with Bend, OR as our destination. And then off to Crater Lake. And so on.

Please keep us in your prayers!

3 comments:

Heather Benza said...

Oh I'm so sad we missed you! Bend has a lovely quilt store you should check out if you have time. Someday (not during Huskers season) I hope we can visit you!!
Please keep us posted via blog and let me know your new address asap!

Anonymous said...

Safe travels to you all! You will indeed be in our prayers! Please let us know all your new info when you have it! Much love & prayers!!

Andi said...

I'm so glad you are headed East...I know it's still 1400 miles from here, but somehow it feels closer. Safe Travels!