- I had someone to just help out with watching my son, and changing his diapers, and giving him baths...so this is what it is like to have someone else around!
- Grandma took care of John Paul in the mornings and I could sleep in or just have some time to myself for a few minutes.
- I got to go the bathroom with the door closed!
- I was able to vacuum both of our cars.
- John Paul learned "So Big!" from Grandma where he raises both hands above his head.
- John Paul learned "Touchdown" from Grandpa where he raises both hands above his head.
- My freezer is filled with meals.
- Grandma and Grandpa loved hearing John Paul's stories.
- My laundry was washed, folded and put away before I even knew it was dirty.
- The computer cabinet was beautifully put together and the doors are straight!!
- We got out of the house for an overnight road trip.
- We saw places close to where I live that I had not visited yet, like the Kalaloch Lodge.
- ***I was able to run some quick errands while they waited in the car with the baby.*** (You don't know what a luxury this is, until you have to drag a baby in and out of the car. It isn't quick.)
- My dishes were washed and the kitchen floor swept after every meal. (Normally, I do the dishes and John Paul takes care of the floors.)
- Wood is stacked outside my door for easy access.
- Little "handyman" jobs are completed courtesy of my dad.
- And probably biggest of all--I had adult conversation EVERY DAY for a week! What a treat!!
Thanks for visiting, Mom and Dad! It was such a morality boost for both of us!
2 comments:
Thanks, Julie. Dad and I had a wonderful time with you and John Paul. We would do it again in a heartbeat---Love Mom
Amen, girlfriend! I always look forward to family visitors - or any visitors for that matter, but family seems to leave more than they take - like your full freezer! I make a little list of odd jobs for my dad when he comes up. I never acutally give it to him, just drop hints ;) But, really, it's that adult conversation that's the best!
Post a Comment