I thought it would be fine. Matt was finishing a final project for his masters degree and I thought I would take the three kids to the community Easter egg hunt. I didn't calculate that the three kids would be in three different age groups, held 10 minutes apart.
Started with Naomi, and she picked up about 10 eggs and we headed over to the 3and 4 year old sections for Ethan's hunt.
So they started Ethan's hunt, and you see how many eggs there are. Well, I made a terrible parenting decision. I thought I could run JP over to the 5-7 yr old section and be back for Ethan. But I didn't make it back. When I returned to the baseball diamond, parents and children were mass exiting the field and Ethan followed the crowd out of the gates and into this big park. For 10 agonizing minutes, I couldn't find him. There were several parents helping me to find him, and thankfully he was found. We both were pretty shook up, but found.
After getting JP from his egg hunt, which he did while I was looking for Ethan--and I had to search for him too, but I knew he would come back to the beginning of the hunt. But he didn't. Instead he sat with a friend by a tree, so I was searching for him for a few minutes too. Seriously, this mama was emotionally drained!
So we sat by a tree, looked at our eggs to see if we won any prizes, and thought, all of this for some smarties and tootsie rolls.
Yes, with a firm resolve, I will not do this by myself again. Yep, next year, either I am hosting an egg hunt at MY house in MY backyard, or Matt is coming with.
No comments:
Post a Comment