Sunday, July 10, 2011

Swimming lessons

 Ethan and John Paul have one week left of their two-week swimming lessons for the summer.  I was a little nervous signing them up for outdoor swimming lessons, especially after my memories of outdoor swimming lessons were freezing cold and at 8 in the morning!  Well, these are at 11 and it's a heated pool!

This is our neighbor, Brooke.  She had a hard time getting used to swimming lessons.  The picture below is of Day 2, and she wanted NOTHING to do with any of the male lifeguards.  I sort of felt sorry for him because he isn't going to just force her to get in there, whereas the female ones just grab her and get her in the pool.  And then she is fine.
At the end of the lesson, they take them off of the diving board.  I am really glad that I took pictures this day because the boys haven't gone off since!  Not sure what scared the bejeebers out of them on this day, but they only would go off the first two days.  Now they won't even jump in off the side!
I think it was because JP went under water just after this jump.  He tells me constantly, "I don't like going under the sea."

1 comment:

Heather Benza said...

That's pretty cute. I don't like going under the sea either.