I get stressed. Yesterday, I chose to go grocery shopping over taking a shower so that I could get it done during their morning joyfulness. I wish my house was cleaner. I want to sit down and do more educational things with the boys. I won't cut their hair; I hire others to do that. I wish I enjoyed reading but I don't unless the book just sucks me in. Then I can't put it down. I want to be holier. I want to lose about 15 pounds.
I could go on whining, but when I look at these beautiful faces, I see the vocation that God planned for me--marriage and motherhood. Everything else will fall into place.
8 comments:
I really like this, Julie. AND, agree with you 100% The truth is, we see ourselves so much more different than others do...we're a bit hard on ourselves, I think.
Have you read 10 Habits of Happy Mothers? I'm really digging it right now, more for the reason that it really isn't telling me something I haven't heard before...it's just encouraging where encouragement is needed. Our library had it here...maybe yours does too! (By the way...I got it on audiobook...I have a hard time sitting and reading sometimes too).
God bless you, you FANTASTIC mama!
I hear ya girl, this is all so true!
The Help really sucked me in, you should read that. Water for Elephants did too. I'd like to lose about 20 pounds.
You got 3 cuties and you sure captured it in this wonderful picture. I love you all just the way you are. MOM
Julie, you are so real and so awesome!
Love this! What cuties you have! Here's to you, an awesome mother and wife! Oh and sister too :)
Well said!! I think every momma has a similar do list. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
I'm feeling you my friend!!! Just last night I told Alan I feel lazy - even though I never sit down except for coffee or when all people are sleeping or nursing..... but it's the education, cleaning, showering thing I think
But, I have found a solution to the shower thing......when going out and about and you haven't showered, wear tennis shoes and socks with your gym clothes, people think you've been working out!! :) Just the way I justify it :)
Love you, and you are an amazing mommy whom I look up to!!
Your kids are just so darn cute! I don't know a mama who isn't right there with you on the wish i could... hang onto the little things! Yesterday we found 17 tiny toads. Goofy but it made my week getting to hold those little guys and share it with the girls. They were beyond thrilled.
Post a Comment