Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Picasso or Rembrandt?

 I was reminded by an early education teacher how much children ages 2-7 should be painting.  I always think, "Oh, it is so messy!"  John Paul isn't that interested in coloring or writing, but loves painting.  So we broke out the water colors again.  And surprisingly, they aren't that messy.

JP was very detailed in how he painted and loved painting this sheet with the different shapes. I painted a few and he tried to copy the colors that I used.  He thought of this all on his own too.  Again, I was reminded that it doesn't have to be MY great idea, when I can just let the creative juices of my children flow.
 Ethan's choice medium was the marker set.  Thank you, Crayola, for making washable markers!!!  He doesn't get the concept of coloring one thing one color.  Instead he likes to draw lines everywhere.  But he had fun doing it.  
I'm gathering quite the collection of artwork and am wondering if anyone wants to share in these timeless pieces.  Leave a comment and you just might receive one in the mail!

1 comment:

Heather Benza said...

We use crayola kid paint: http://www.crayolastore.com/product_detail.asp?T1=CRA+54-1205&.
totally washable! I don't even put newspaper under their work because it wipes right off my wood table.