Sunday, March 20, 2011

Alternative Playground

 We have had a stretch of nice Spring weather, but wouldn't you know, we went to put the kids in the car to go to the park, and the wind picks up, it drops 10 degrees, and looks pretty gloomy.  But the kids needed to go play and we needed them to go play.  So we headed to Menards (similiar to Lowes.)  But OUR Menards has several play equipment on display.

It's really a great deal for us and Menards.  I took the kids to play in the display area and Matt looked around and eventually found something to buy.

Play houses on display-- This is a favorite for the boys because it has a doorbell.  I think there are 3 houses to play in.
  I train my kids to give a good cheesy smile and continue to bug them until they do.  They have come to realize if they just give me a good smile, then I just let them play!
The roller coaster is a big hit!
 And the slides!
 Naomi loved the swings and the boys loved giving her pushes.
 The little fleece snowsuit might be a little overkill, but Naomi won't keep her socks or a blanket on her legs.  So snowsuit it is!  It's kind of nice because we don't have to tote a blanket around either.
Arr, Matey!!  I spy a pirate!
 

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

That's awesome!! We totally play at Menards, too! No mud, and you can play in the rain :)