Thursday, February 17, 2011

Well-Baby Checks

I know.  My baby turned 4 years old and I still call it a "well-baby check."  So we took JP in for his 4 year old check and Naomi in for her 4 month check.  And the results are:  HEALTHY!!!  As if I thought it would be anything different!

John Paul is weighing 46 pounds (97%) and is 42 inches tall (85%).  He grew 4 inches this past year and is still a very solid, active kid.  My lovey child for sure!  We hear him say that he loves us quite often and he was to hold our hands or touch our arms for comfort.  He is a friend to all and enjoys playing with other kids.  Great eater, but will not eat broccoli or tomatoes.  Loves drinks.  Seriously, he would be perfectly content to consume all calories by drinking!  He is also our passive-aggressive child. Sometimes hard to motivate to complete something on his own--quite unlike his very independent younger brother.  A huge help to me and a help to his brother and sister.  He gets Ethan a drink of water and Naomi toys to calm her down.

Naomi weighed in at 15 pounds 4 ounces (90%) and 24.75 inches tall (75%) with a head circumference of 42.4 cm (85 %).  Again, I have an over achiever!!  I didn't realize that girls are on a different growth scale at this young of age.  But looking back, JP was 19 lbs (90%) and Ethan was 17.5 lbs (75%) so they have to be on a different scale.  She is cooing and babbling and quite a delight--when things are going her way.  She does a 180 flip into instant hysterics if she is mad or senses a stranger, or is scared.  DRAMA!!!  The pediatrician was laughing as she witnessed one of these mood flips.  Her words, "oh, have fun disciplining that toddler!"  I laughed, but inside, I am terrified because it will probably BE TRUE!!

No comments: