Monday, January 17, 2011

Our Beautiful Little Flower

 This post is all about Naomi Thérèse!  I don't think I have written anything about her name.  But Naomi is an Old Testament name found in the Book of Ruth.  She was the mother-in-law of Ruth and Naomi means "beautiful."  Thérèse, pronounced ter-ez, is the French form of Teresa and she is named after a French saint, St. Thérèse of Lisieux, who is also known as The Little Flower because of her writings and desires in life to be childlike before Christ and a little flower for Him.  So you have our daughter, or our "Beautiful" "Little Flower."

She is changing ever so quickly!  Out of the newborn stage (thank goodness!) and definitely into an infant stage where she is more alert and more content.
 She LOVES to smile and coo and shriek and make herself heard. We have even heard a few giggles here and there.
 Sitting in the Bumbo chair.
 
Oh, and her doting big brothers just can't get enough of their little sister.  Ethan just loves Naomi and John Paul asked me today if we brought her home from the hospital for him.  I said we sure did!

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

I love little Naomi Therese. She is such a beautiful little flower in our family. Love, Grandma Martin