Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tulip Festival

For a fun Spring roadtrip, the boys and I headed up to the Skagit County Tulip Festival. This is one of the activities that EVERY spring I have wanted to do, so it was a major check on my list of things to do before leaving Washington.

The tulips were blooming a little later this year. It has been cold! Many of the Tulip fields were just starting to open. The daffodils were in full bloom. The boys fell asleep after the Kingston ferry, so I enjoyed a nice drive around looking at the different fields.

Finally, I wanted to stop so I woke them up and took them to Tulip Town. This first picture is of all the different rows of tulips they had planted.
Our first attempt at a "family" picture." Well, Ethan was there.
Just smelling the flowers.
We had to dodge many mud puddles to get this picture! We should have brought a change of shoes.
This is my favorite! Definitely will be sent out to Daddy.
Kite flying event
Check out this photographic artistic masterpiece!
Oh, and we HAD to ride the tractor/wagon. John Paul was much more interested in the tractor and the barn than many of the flowers. He kept calling the driver "Papa". We are not in Kansas yet, John Paul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day! Can't wait to see you.