Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Weekend at the Cabin

We were invited to stay at a cabin this past weekend with some friends and was it ever a fun time! The cabin was on Camano Island so it was fun just to drive and see new countryside and to get away for a night.

Aunt Heather, Kristina, Sydney, and John Paul were out early enjoying the sunny day!
A walk along the "beach" at low tide.
John Paul continued his favorite pasttime of collecting rocks. (although it might be mud in this picture!)

And there was some crabbing going on! Sydney really enjoyed this part of the adventure (and by the frequency of Erik and Matt checking their crab crates, I think they enjoyed it too!)
"Have you met my friend, Mr. Crab?" (and he is not alive in this picture. Or at least I don't think he is.)
They caught some ridiculous amount of crabs--I want to say maybe 13 total!
Of course, then you have to clean it. Erik used part of the crab meat for some tasty crab cakes.

Ethan enjoyed the many extra arms that were around. Look at how big he is getting!
And storytime with Miss Andi and Syd.
John Paul enjoyed his first boat ride in the Puget Sound.
So much that he fell asleep! Made for an easy naptime!

And what is a day without smelling the flowers?
If you notice in the picture below, he is smelling so hard his nostrils are sucked in!
Then we celebrated Erik, Matt, and Sydney's birthdays. Notice the little hand on the right side? Yep, that's John Paul. Dad was able to blow out the candle (and 3 others) before he learned that fire burns.
But he did discover that frosting makes great finger paint! I must be honest, I wasn't in the room at this time. In fact, I didn't even know this went on until I saw Andi's pictures after we returned home! What a mom doesn't know, doesn't hurt her.

2 comments:

Heather Benza said...

wow you were brave let the big boy out in a boat---Reese does not enjoy the life vest. I LOVE the sucked in nostrils--that really cracked me up!

The White House said...

IT was funny b/c when I looked at the "nose" picture, I was thinking... "wow! JP sure has changed! His face looks compleetly different!"

Turns out he was just sniffing!

So CUTE you guys!