I tried to do a little cooking with John Paul. My sister and Andi are always telling me how their kids help them to cook, so I thought I would try it. It was fun, but man, did I have to stay on my toes to make sure flour wasn't flung on the floor, the eggs weren't cracked before hand, and many other possible disasters. The muffins turned out great and it entertained John Paul for a while.


Of course, you have to do the dishes when you finish cooking!

JP loves doing the dishes so much that he is constantly puching the chair up to the counter and can climb on the chair by himself. I REALLY have to make sure that I don't leave anything out that could be harmful.

He also likes to do laundry, vaccuum, water the flowers. Do you have any other suggestions on how to incorporate my 18 month old into my everyday chores?
4 comments:
Too cute John Paul...I just love that precious grin you have! Can't wait to see you guys!
Aunt Kristina
how fun! We try to cook every once in a while but it's so tough. It mostly just ende up with me yelling "STOP" about a hundred times to avoid huge messes. A friend recommended a metal bowl, a spoon and some ice - nice and noisy and fun for a toddler to stir sitting on the floor while you get some work done. Clean up is easy, too. Also, extra big bowls help when they're really cooking with you - it's harder to fling flour, etc. :)
I'm so impressed with John Paul's cooking skills AND that you are adventurous enough to do this stuff!!!
Let him clean the toilet!!! (I've got your back, John Paul)
Aunt Heather
Post a Comment