Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Garrapata Beach

Wednesday's forecast was 70 degrees!  And when it gets that high, it means it is time to hit the beach!

So after a morning of school, Andi and I piled the 6 kids in her vehicle and headed to Garrapata Beach.  I didn't think that I had been to this particular beach before.  But come to find out, this is the beach that I stopped at when my mom visited in February.  Although it was SO COLD AND WINDY in February.  Today was much more pleasant.

We camped out right beside a little creek that ran into the ocean so the kids could play in the water...but not the ocean.  There was more wind than we expected!

Naomi by the creek.
Ethan stepping across the stones.
 Since it was chillier, the kids wrapped themselves up in their towels toward the end of our stay.
John Paul flinging seaweed.


The kids climbed on this rock for a picture.  I was kind of hoping they would have chosen a spot closer!!  But the zoom works decent.
 I liked being able to relax with the kids and they got to play in some sand and water.  The undertow of the waves is so strong along the coast, that I get so nervous with them near the ocean.  But this was definitely a good compromise!

Here's some of the scenery:




No comments: