Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'm That Mom!

We do love the zoo! In fact, we try to go once a week, or at least a couple of times a month. But since all of this hype about flu, and H1N1, and cold viruses, and yada yada yada, I have been trying to take extra precautions.

I figure the zoo is a public place that has both confined places and great fresh air exhibits too. But whenever we leave a building or if the kids want a snack, I pull out my handy pocket hand sanitizer bottle. The boys know what to do when I say we need to wash our hands.
So I probably had sanitized their little hands at least 3 times before we reached the Gorilla Valley, and there weren't that many other visitors so I let the boys walk on their own a little. Ethan loved the freedom! But even with all of my precautions to keep their hands free of harmful germs, it doesn't stop Ethan from licking (yes, I said licking) the exhibits windows. Not sure why, but we'll just hope it was clean? Eeewwwww!

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

Did the gorilla lick back? Eeewwww!

Heather Benza said...

Funny!! Looks like the gorilla may be contemplating giving it a lick too!

Julie said...

No gorilla licking. The gorilla kept smearing the window with his hand though. Maybe Ethan was trying to give him a kiss?

Unknown said...

Eeww..haha well at least it's not like this one:

http://tinyurl.com/swinekiss

Andi said...

It looks like Ethan's reflection is sitting in the Gorilla's lap! You are so artsy!