Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Candy Bar Cookies

Seriously. The only candy that my boys want are the suckers. So guess who must sacrifice to eat the rest of the Halloween candy? Yes, that would be me. Anyway, to avoid the toll on my hips, I googled some ideas for how to bake with candy bars.

I found this recipe for Peanut Butter Candy Bar cookies and I thought I would give it a whirl.

I only made half a batch of dough and got 24 cookies. The boys liked helping me put the candy bars in the cookies.
We also sprinkled some with M&Ms.

Final product: We used Snickers, Milky Way, Three Muskateers, Hershey bars, chocolate kisses, Twix, and our M&Ms.
If you don't want a peanut butter cookie, I bet this would work with a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe w/o the chocolate chips.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

GREAT idea!! Love it!! What website or receipe did you use?

Anonymous said...

They look great! A friend of mine also made snickers muffins once and they were wonderful!