Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Finger Paints

I must have been crazy or courageous to pull out the finger paints the other morning!  Truthfully, We hadn't sent out Mother's Day cards yet, and I thought we could make them.
 And I became an instant hero to my children.  They loved it! 
 I was surprised at how Naomi jumped right in there and made pictures.  I remember the first time I gave the paints to JP when he was about her age and he hated it.  He didn't want to get his fingers dirty and I don't think he liked the feeling of it on his fingers.  She, on the other hand, just went to town, making picture after picture!
 The boys loved it too!  I wish I took pictures of the cards we made because they turned out really neat.  The kids put finger paint dots on the fronts and I added stems and a vase to make them look like a bouquet of flowers.
And then it turned into an art/science project as the boys started mixed the colors to see what different colors they could make.  I need to do this again!

No comments: