Or really ever again. I had so many people praying for me I know that next time will be a disaster because this time went GREAT! And I do mean GREAT! Thanks for the prayers.
We really lucked out. I was able to get a security pass for my mom to sit with us at the gate. And then the Midwest Airlines attendant that was checking everyone on the flight, allowed me to get on board, buckle in the car seat, put all of our bags in place, and then go get the kids. I did hear someone comment as I was boarding with the boys, "And she has one on her back!" I think everyone else was wondering what kind of flight they were in for too.
Across the aisle, was a single mom and another married couple and basically they held Ethan most of the time. And John Paul did wonderfully on the flight as well. It was a long, direct flight, and for the first 2 hours--of the close to 4 hour flight--he sat contently in his seat. I wonder though if the person in front of him minded him putting the tray up and down as many times as he did! The guy never once turned around or anything. I also had plenty of toys and snacks to keep him occupied. After a while, he sat on my lap or I guess I should say jumped on my lap while playing peek-a-boo with the lady seated behind us. Then he slept for the last hour of the flight as well.
We really lucked out. I was able to get a security pass for my mom to sit with us at the gate. And then the Midwest Airlines attendant that was checking everyone on the flight, allowed me to get on board, buckle in the car seat, put all of our bags in place, and then go get the kids. I did hear someone comment as I was boarding with the boys, "And she has one on her back!" I think everyone else was wondering what kind of flight they were in for too.Across the aisle, was a single mom and another married couple and basically they held Ethan most of the time. And John Paul did wonderfully on the flight as well. It was a long, direct flight, and for the first 2 hours--of the close to 4 hour flight--he sat contently in his seat. I wonder though if the person in front of him minded him putting the tray up and down as many times as he did! The guy never once turned around or anything. I also had plenty of toys and snacks to keep him occupied. After a while, he sat on my lap or I guess I should say jumped on my lap while playing peek-a-boo with the lady seated behind us. Then he slept for the last hour of the flight as well.

2 comments:
We're glad your home, we missed you!
wow you deserve a medal for no nervous breakdowns flying alone with 2 kids who can not verbally express their needs. Great Job!
Post a Comment